Rappers Can Blog Too...

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Think Good Thoughts

2nd period today, was my first day in Piano class...(If I haven't mentioned, I'm out of Jordan at Beverly Hills High now) but I had a choice between choir or piano. I can't sing, and I wanna learn the piano, so I took the 2nd choice. BrandUn DeShay and I talk a lot about rappers nowadays. And most rappers that also produce feel like if I got dope rhymes and cool kicks and snares with dope hi-hats and a custom string or bass line off FL Studio then I'm good. WRONG ! And as a producer I had to figure that out.

A friend of mine Brandon O' Neil (yes I know a lot of Brandon's) who sung the hook on me and B-Allan's "Fallin To The Top" (coming soon) told me that it's good that we're making TIMELESS music, and not just songs for the month or week. That's what a lot of artists lack. And now that I'm in piano and learning instruments, 10 years from now (when I'm 25) if I wanna change my music genre..I can. Because, I know how to play instruments. I can start a band and make whatever kind of music I want.

I'm not one of those rappers that just listens to rap. I don't put myself into just one category. When I get better with this instrument stuff and get MY own ORCHESTRA and drummers, etc I won't just be a producer rapper...I'll be a musician. Which is what I'm aiming for...So the stuff we're doing now isn't gonna be last forever. Who knows if I'll be wearing skinny jeans and Alife crew necks in 5 years. I'm forever evolving into something brand new...and I'lll continue to do so.

I MIGHT be changing the EP title, I got a lot of ideas roaming in my mind. Also, people been asking about my opinon of L.A. verses Long Beach, since I've moved.L.A. is a cooler enviorment to me. I love L.B. tho, it's where I lived half my life. But for everyone that has something negative to say about me or what I do or the decisions I make, keep doing you, that's why I tilted this "Think Good Thoughts". New music on it's way...from both me and B. Allan...

Too bad ima miss the B.H.H. Homecoming game, But I gotta show to do...-Veezy

No comments: