Rappers Can Blog Too...

Sunday, June 8, 2008

A LONG ASSS POST!

Ok! one more time I must stress it about haters. It's just weird to me how people's lives are SOOOO! miserable they don't do nothing but wanna dim the light on your shine. I got a lot of people coming to me at first when I began recording (P.S. been rapping since '04) like the "Roc Boys Remix" saying "wow Djayy all that hype for nothing" and I will admit that it was a pretty wack song, but I was so stuck on arrogance I didn't do my best on one of my first songs and got kinda embarrassed. But now they CAN'T TELL ME NOTHING! about my lyrical skills. Most people that do have something to say, say something negative. Haters= Motivation + Negativity!

After hearing "Seeing Sounds", Kanye's late collabs and his upgrade on lyrics, Wale, and Drake (who I think is pretty dope) I stepped up the songs and how I approach em. Amara told me stop rushing songs, they come out wack that way. I was stuck on going to the studio knocking out like 3 songs in 3 hours. I mean im not on Jay-Z's level. . .yet! My whole mindstate is different, I've changed the way I wanted "Supreme Being" to sound. Just wait for the upcoming snippets. And my future is looking pretty bright right now, As long as I keep growing and maturing as an artist and person. My beat making has been on an hiatus BUT! once out of school on the 12th I will be back on it, so rappers, singers, poets, etc hit me up www.myspace.com/iamlavish.

PEACE. . .(long ass post)

No comments: