Rappers Can Blog Too...

Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Update....

I promised to keep people updated on the course of this "B.F.T.F." project. Today a rapper friend of mine, Just Jae asked me to produced his ENTIRE EP. And im like WHOA! cause im not even producing half of "B.F.T.F."....but hey that's good for me cause that's more beats he'll have to choose from. But we decided to title the collabo tape, "Just Jae & LaVish presents....Just LaVish"... It's gonna be on some smooth suttle/soulful type shit. He wants to settle with 8 or 10 tracks, well I agreed and now im going to put A LOT of my time into the beats and songs. But I can't lie and say I won't pitch a few beats that were meant for Cooley High. (He plans to drop this in January)

I get a lot of people coming up now asking why I don't use my beats, since they heard "Never Seen This Before"....Why you might ask ??? I say because when I use other producer's beats I can try different things. Because, when you make beats it's usually a feeling at that moment, (at least when I produce) so I can mix my feelings at that time about the beat with the one the producer had when he made it.

But back to keeping you updated, I know I said I wasn't using instrumentals but im going to drop songs with me rapping to instrumentals to pump the release of "B.F.T.F."....coming soon...And im not suppose to say this BUT me & B Allan got and album coming out...since I already gave a piece of the suprise away, I CAN'T give away the group name...just yet....In the meantime you'll get that..and about 3 or 4 more tracks off the EP will be released (another suprise is that this mixtape and every song I do from now on will be released onto Limewire also)...Masterminds sent me a beat a week ago and it's dope but it's not just something you write and record like that, this one's going to take time folks. My homie Rich said I should sing over it....

No comments: