Rappers Can Blog Too...

Thursday, October 23, 2008

IF YOU GOT HATE IN YOUR HEART...LET IT OUT !

It seems like everyday MILLIONS of people are added to the "steeze biting" list (aka jockers, swagger jackers, easily influenced, etc). So here's some tips...Just because you seen someone rocking colored jeans that are skinny, does not mean YOU have to go and buy those jeans to fit in or that streetwear line? A lot of people don't even know what streetwear fashion is, or understand it's culture. I know kids that are REALLY into the whole "retro era", with high/low top fades, and the old school J's and Nikes, but just because the people I know do it doesn't mean I have to.

ORIGINIALITY IS THE KEY....whenever you lames get a chance go look that word up in a dictionary. I should stop saying clothing line names in my songs...and just because you heard me say "Melrose", "Fairfax" or "The Hundreds" doesn't mean you have to go google that shit and try and shop there. I can tell if somebody is really into fashion or knows about what their wearing by how they act and carry themself. I don't have colored skinnys, but do you im not hating on any man's wardrobe, just be yourself.

And me, personally I HATE THE WORD SWAGGER ! with a passion, and idk why, I just do. I don't wear this and that cause someone else likes it, everything I wear is because I thought it was something dope at the time. Hey ! what I may wear might not be something you like, but guess what ? the dude wearing it sure does digg it...

People are stealing everything from everybody. It's ok to be inspired by someone or something. I tell my rapper friends all the time they inspire me to work harder. But that doesn't mean bite their style. Reinvent it, make it better, and then they'll be like "damn, only if I thought of that". And don't EVER be or act or do something that's not you....EVER...whether it's to impress a girl, friends or nay-sayers...Trying something new doesn't mean become someone your not...when your true to yourself other people can tell...

real recognize real...(if you read this and felt I was talking about YOU...Honestly, I most likely was...because I don't surround myself around people like that...everyone I hang with has their own particular style.)

My name is LaVish...And I approve this message !

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i approve too! i hate these "posers," "swagger jackers," etc. it's whack. the "old skool" look aint for everybody.
this post reminded me of something i would've definitely posted.
good stuff.
_chanel.