Rappers Can Blog Too...

Monday, July 14, 2008

Kia Shine Addresses Three-6 Mafia Confrontation


After becoming the latest participant in Hip Hop's infatuation with the viral video last week, "Kinfolk" Kia Shine is attempting to clear up what appears to be a simmering beef between himself and Three-6 Mafia. During the first week of July Conversation Piece magazine uploaded a video of DJ Paul and Juicy J mocking the fellow Memphis rapper [click to read and watch]. Kia Shine says he was unaware of the remarks during his appearance.

"When I first got off the stage I didn't even hear the shit, and then when I went to YouTube. All of this shit was a surprise to me too because I didn't even see the shit they was all saying," Shine says of the video, which has since garnered over 11,000 views. "I wasn't even there."

Kia Shine added that he has already filmed a response to the video and is in the process of editing it. As for any hopes of reconciliation, he says he's "definitely going to have a conversation with [Three-6 Mafia]," since he doesn't know what sparked the beef.

"I was just with them at the BET Awards," Kia Shine says. "I've been with them like four or five different times since then. If I thought that it would have been an issue, I would not have come up there in the first place, so that's what really threw me because, damn, we were just together."

Having parted ways with Universal/Motown, Kia Shine is currently unsigned and working on a sophomore effort entitled Respect Due. The album and an accompanying DVD entitled The Kush, are expected to be released sometime in 2009.

via.Hip Hop DX




IN CASE YOU DIDNT SEE THE VIDEO OF THE 3 6 MAFIA DISS HERE IT IS.

No comments: