Rappers Can Blog Too...

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Don't Believe The Hype !

Today, I was showing an A & R some of my music, and he says to me, "You need to change your style, and do club banger music". I just looked at him and said "Aiight" and left. Is that what it takes for people to get signed ? Does "She Got a Donk" or "Laffy Taffy" kind of songs get you signed ? Look at Lupe Fiasco he made "Kick Push" & "Superstar" a single. He stayed true to himself and people excepted it.

I will NEVER! try to make shit for the radio or the club, or become someone im not. I don't dance so why would I make a song and a dance for it when that's not me, I was raised listening to A Tribe Called Quest, Outkast, Jay-Z, & Sade by my dad, so I know good music and that's all I strive to make. If a song comes out good and has the potential to be a hit, then it'll make it to radio and in clubs.

Another example is Fonzworth Bentley's new single "Everybody", that's on BET & the radio, Nas got "Hero" in the club and on radio, these are all real songs and mean something. No hate to Soulja Boy or anyone making those kinda records but that's just not me. It's like they say "real recognize real", and I'll become successful from people loving my music and knowing ima real dude, not tryna be someone im not. IM JUST TIRED OF EVERYONE TRYNA BE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE, WHERE DID PEOPLE BEING UNIQUE GO ?

Back in the 80s & 90s rappers were themselves and everyone had they own style, there were so many different kinds of artists from Biggie to LL Cool J to N.W.A. If rappers had beef they'd battle it out and that's it, now everybody wanna have a gun, and shoot somebody.

And what's with everyone wearing fake ass kanye stronger glasses, and skinny jeans with a scarf and Nike's. That goes for boys & girls. . .And everyone wants to rock Alife & shop at Urban Outfitters. But I can't speak for anyone else, I gotta just keep doing me and that's it. Ima humble dude and I don't expose people but damn when will it end ?

Now everybody is a f%#kin fan of hipster & backpacker culture.I remember when we were called "backpackers" when it wasn't "cool" to be one, but that's what everyone wants to be. . .nowadays. It's just bad because me and Nardo were this way back when we met 4 years ago in the 7th grade.

But as long as I stay real to myself and my peers it'll all be good. . .and the fans/people of course. . .

No comments: