Rappers Can Blog Too...

Saturday, July 31, 2010

It's a daily process of progress to get where I'm trying to go.

I feel like I'm Dr. Dre working on Detox. Something people been waiting on for forever. I don't like talking about what I got going but for the people paying attention, I guess they deserve to know a little something. The process of Hometown Hero is a crazy one, every song I learn more about myself. I feel the difference between this and my past mixtapes is more aggression, more about Dijon, and not LaVish. I looked back on those projects and told myself people deserve to know the real me, it gets deeper than what I'm wearing, or what girls I'm messing with. Listeners now can't be cheated, they shouldn't be. I wanna show people who I am as a all around artist. Not rapper. I produced a lot of the album because I had some shit to say that no other producer could offer. It's my story. It's who I am. I got some motivation and drive from watching the people who I admire as people. And artist. Most rappers now paint a facade for you, I just want to give those who know about me and even more so the ones who don't, a reason to fall in love with my message, my story, my glory. I'm not perfect, so I may say some shit you may not agree with, with songs like Women Be Shopping, but it all makes sense and hopefully everyone can enjoy. All of August I'm just going to be pushing this project and perfecting it as much as possible. Spread the word for me. New site coming soon as well. In the meantime, be cool.

No comments: